Non-immigrant Working Visas

非移民工作签证H-1B Professionals

If US employers need to hire aliens to perform specialty work, then employers need to get a H1B visa for such aliens.To qualify for H1B, the position must be of a "specialty occupation" which requires attainment of a Bachelor's or higher degree as a minimum for entry into the occupation, and the alien workers must possess required degree, or a combination of education and work experience equivalent to that degree.


非移民工作签证H-1B1 for Chileans/Singaporeans

Every year USCIS reserves 6,800 H-1B1 working visas for qualified Chileans and Singaporeans. Once approved, H-1B1 visa is valid for 1 year and subjected to be extended every year. H-1B1 visa holders cannot file immigrant petitions.


非移民工作签证E-3 Professional for Australian

The E-3 nonimmigrant visa classification was created pursuant to the Australia-United States Free Trade Agreement (AUSFTA).
U.S. employers may employ citizens of Australia under the E-3 category in certain, limited professions for up to two year at a time. The period of  mployment may be renewed indefinitely.


非移民工作签证L-1 Inter-company Transferees

1990 Immigration Act created a new employment-based immigrant preference category for manager and executives who meet the L-1 standard for alien transferees. The maximum duration of stay for L-1A managers and executives is seven years, and five years for L-1B specialized knowledge personnel.



The O-1 category is for highly talented or acclaimed foreign nationals. A criterion for qualifying for O-1 “Extraordinary Ability Category”, “Three-out-of-ten” rule is used to evaluate the qualification. The alien must include at least three types of evidence from the following list:


非移民工作签证E1 for Treaty Traders

E1 visa is provided to individuals from foreign nations that have signed Treaty of Commerce and Navigation with United States. The purpose of E1 visa is to promote large scale commercial activities including exchange and purchase goods or service. Many industries are involved including banking, insurance, transportation, telecommunication, advertisement, design, construction, consulting, tourism, technology, accounting, etc.



非移民工作签证E2 for Treaty Investors

The E-2 Treaty Investor Visa was established to facilitate and enhance economic interaction between the United States and related countries that have entered a treaty of commerce and navigation or bilateral investment treaty with the United States. Among these countries include Canada, China (Taiwan), Japan, Korea, Mexico, Philippines, Thailand, and etc. A qualifying investment must be a real and active commercial or entrepreneurial undertaking, producing some service or commodity.



非移民工作签证B1/2 and F1/2 Status Change

If a B1/2 visa holder wants to study in the US, he/she can apply a change of status from B1/2 to F1/2, certain conditions should be met:

  • the applicant has never enrolled in any school during B1/2 status
  • the B1/2 status is still valid
  • the B1/2 visa holder has no history of illegal work.
  • before I-539 being approved, the applicant cannot start study. Otherwise, the application would be denied.


USCIS No Longer Accepting Petitions for One-Time Increase to the Temporary Nonagricultural Visa Program

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is no longer accepting petitions from U. S. employers seeking to hire temporary nonagricultural workers under the one-time increase to the Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 H-2B cap announced in July.

For the first time, in May, Congress delegated its authority to the Secretary of Homeland Security to increase the number of temporary nonagricultural work visas available to U.S. employers through FY 2017.

USCIS Resumes Premium Processing for Some Categories of Applicants Seeking H-1B Visas

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) resumed premium processing today for all H-1B visa petitions subject to the Fiscal Year year (FY) 2018 cap. The FY 2018 cap has been set at 65,000 visas. Premium processing has also resumed for the annual 20,000 additional petitions that are set aside to hire workers with a U.S.